Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
Orlando DACA Attorney
Did you or someone you know come to the United States as a child? Many children were brought to the United States as children and it is the only place they call home. Due to current law and to no fault of their own, these minors could not apply for any relief.
Fortunately, if you had not reached the age of 16 prior to entering the United States you may be eligible to request consideration of deferred action also known as DACA for a period of two years, subject to renewal. See requirements below.
What is DACA?
On June 15, 2012, the Secretary of Homeland Security announced that certain people who came to the United States as children and meet several guidelines may request consideration of deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal. These qualifying individuals are also eligible for work authorization. Deferred action is a use of prosecutorial discretion to defer removal action against an individual for a certain period of time. Deferred action does not provide lawful status.
Who does DACA apply to?
The DACA provisions apply equally to women and men.
You are eligible to file under DACA if you:
- Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
- Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
- Have continuously resided in the U.S. since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
- Were physically present in the U.S. on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;
- Had no lawful status on June 15, 2012;
- Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a GED certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the US; and
- Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, or three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
Contact Our DACA Attorney In Orlando
Our office has handled many DACA cases successfully. Additionally, we have been able to find legal permanent solutions for many DACA recipients. We will continue to monitor the DACA discussions in Congress, update our clients, and find solutions for these innocent and worthy individuals.
- Trump's Immigration Policy: DACA protections in exchange for border wall funding
- Senate Hits Immigration Deadlock on DACA dreamers
250 North Orange Avenue, Suite 950
Orlando - Florida 32801
Tel: 407 502-3000
Fax: 407 650-3308