L-1 Visa: Intra Company Transferee Visa
Orlando Immigration Attorney Helps Businesses Seeking to Transfer Employees to Their US Offices
What is the L-1 visa?
The L-1 Visa is for intracompany transfers of executives, managers, and individuals with specialized knowledge from a foreign entity to its affiliate, or subsidiary entity in the United States. For example: If John Smith is the CEO of Koke Enterprise in Germany and is now being transferred to run an existing office or to start the new U.S. office of Koke LLC, he may be eligible for the L-1 visa as an executive being transferred for an executive position to an affiliate or subsidiary company.
Who can qualify for an L-1 Visa?
The L-1 visa is a solution for companies who need to transfer executives, managers, and employees with specialized knowledge to their offices in the U.S. To qualify for an L-1 Visa, the following general requirements must be met:
- The US company must have a qualifying relationship with a foreign company (parent company, branch, subsidiary, or affiliate, collectively referred to as qualifying organizations); and
- Currently be, or will be, doing business as an employer in the United States and in at least one other country directly or through a qualifying organization for the duration of the beneficiary’s stay in the United States as an L-1.
- Generally, the Beneficiary must have been working for a qualifying organization abroad for one continuous year within the three years immediately preceding his or her admission to the United States.
- The beneficiary must be seeking to enter the United States for an executive or managerial position, or a form of specialized knowledge.
Privileges of the L-1 and L-2 visa holders
- Can seek a change of status within the United States or obtain through consular processing.
- Allowed to seek extensions of status for up to 7 years, or 5 years for positions of specialized knowledge.
- The spouse of the L-1 visa holder will receive L-2 status, as well as unmarried children under the age of 21. The L-2 recipient spouse is eligible for work.
- The L-1 visa holder could be eligible for permanent residence (green card) through an EB1 visa petition.
- The beneficiary can be the owner/majority shareholder of both companies.
- Eligible for premium processing for faster adjudication.
Why Should You Seek an Experienced L-1 Visa Attorney?
Immigration attorneys can assist with ensuring the U.S. office and foreign entity are qualifying organizations, guidance with qualifying businesses or enterprise types, and creating a long-term plan to ensure all members of family, including children, obtain and maintain their benefits of L-1. Not all businesses have good models for L-1 visas, and an experienced attorney can discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different business models.
Many clients need assistance with an Arabic or Spanish speaking immigration attorney to help navigate their case through the complex immigration laws. Attorney Mubarak speaks English, Arabic, and Spanish. He has successfully assisted clients from Venezuela, Italy, Dubai, Palestine, India, Egypt, Panama, and Mauritius seeking L-1 status. Our office has an incredible track record for successful L-1 cases. Please feel free to check some of our results, and client reviews.
If you are interested in seeking an L-1 visa for one of your employees, please call us at (407) 502-3000 or fill out our online form provided on this page and our Orlando L-1 Visa attorney will get back to you shortly. We offer a free initial phone consultation. Your privacy is very important to us and we will keep your information confidential.
May 23, 2018
★★★★★ Posted in AVVO by Dina
Excellent experience.. Mr. Nayef and his crew did their best to help us getting our visa.
September 14, 2016
★★★★★ Posted in Google by Vito Tuozzolo
Excellent Lawyer Mr. Mubarak!! Very attentive with their customers!!! He has handled my business for over 2 years and always have time to assist me. Excelente Abogado el Sr. Mubarak!! Muy atento con sus clientes!!! Ha manejado mis asuntos por mas de 2 años y siempre tiene tiempo para atenderme.
July 26, 2015
★★★★★ Posted in BirdEye by Yazan R.
This lawyer is the fastest easiest way to handel any migration needs , he helped my cousin with his L1 visa and got him approved in 7 days , he is very friendly and listens when we were at his office the first visit We felt so relaxsed , we knew right a way that this man knows his business and knows what he's talking about and sure enough 7 days after applying for an approvel speaks for him. Don't waist your time and money with another lawyer I now believe that nayef Mubarak is the only one
July 26, 2015
★★★★★ Posted in BirdEye by Rasha abu s.
Talking to three different lawyers made me feels like giving up on the L1 visa because of how hard they made it sound hard to get But a friend of mine the suggested for me to give it a another chance and see another lawyer then we found this guy on the internet he sound it very positive then he applied for me and got me approved in seven days. I highly recommend him.
July 26, 2015
★★★★★ Posted in BirdEye by Sharif abu s.
He is a great lawyer verey friendly, he will give you all the time that needed ,he makes you feel like talking to a friend. I applied for the L1 visa which is hard to get approved for and this guy got me approved in only seven days. I highly recommend him, he is very smart.
May 8, 2015
★★★★★ Posted in AVVO by Carlos
Mr. Nayef Handled My L1 Visa Application As Good As It Gets. Perfect Case, Timing, Response & Attention; Overall an Excellent Service. Highly Recommended.
105 E. Robinson St. suite 307
Orlando - Florida 32801
Tel: 407 502-3000
Fax: 407 650-3308