L-1 Visa: Intra Company Transferee Visa Attorney
L1 Visa Attorney in Orlando Helps Businesses Seeking to Transfer Employees to Their US Offices
What is the L-1 visa?
The L-1 Visa is for intracompany transfers of executives, managers, and individuals with specialized knowledge from a foreign entity to its affiliate, or subsidiary entity in the United States. For example: If John Smith is the CEO of Koke Enterprise in Germany and is now being transferred to run an existing office or to start the new U.S. office of Koke LLC, he may be eligible for the L-1 visa as an executive being transferred for an executive position to an affiliate or subsidiary company.
Who can qualify for an L-1 Visa?
The L-1 visa is a solution for companies who need to transfer executives, managers, and employees with specialized knowledge to their offices in the U.S. To qualify for an L-1 Visa, the following general requirements must be met:
- The US company must have a qualifying relationship with a foreign company (parent company, branch, subsidiary, or affiliate, collectively referred to as qualifying organizations); and
- Currently be, or will be, doing business as an employer in the United States and in at least one other country directly or through a qualifying organization for the duration of the beneficiary’s stay in the United States as an L-1.
- Generally, the Beneficiary must have been working for a qualifying organization abroad for one continuous year within the three years immediately preceding his or her admission to the United States.
- The beneficiary must be seeking to enter the United States for an executive or managerial position, or a form of specialized knowledge.
Privileges of the L-1 and L-2 visa holders
- Can seek a change of status within the United States or obtain through consular processing.
- Allowed to seek extensions of status for up to 7 years, or 5 years for positions of specialized knowledge.
- The spouse of the L-1 visa holder will receive L-2 status, as well as unmarried children under the age of 21. The L-2 recipient spouse is eligible for work.
- Would you like to convert your L1 visa into a Green Card? The L-1 visa holder could be eligible for permanent residence (green card) through an EB1 visa petition.
- The beneficiary can be the owner/majority shareholder of both companies.
- Eligible for premium processing for faster adjudication.
Why Should You Seek an Experienced L-1 Visa Attorney?
Immigration attorneys can assist with ensuring the U.S. office and foreign entity are qualifying organizations, guidance with qualifying businesses or enterprise types, and creating a long-term plan to ensure all members of family, including children, obtain and maintain their benefits of L-1. Not all businesses have good models for L-1 visas, and an experienced attorney can discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different business models.
Many clients need assistance with an Arabic or Spanish speaking immigration attorney to help navigate their case through the complex immigration laws. Attorney Mubarak speaks English, Arabic, and Spanish. We can also assist you in Portuguese. We have successfully assisted clients from Venezuela, Brazil, Italy, Dubai, Palestine, India, Egypt, Panama, and Mauritius seeking L-1 status. Our office has an incredible track record for successful L-1 cases. Please feel free to some of our results, and client reviews.
If you are interested in seeking an L-1 visa for one of your employees, please call us at (407) 502-3000 or fill out our online form provided on this page and our Orlando L-1 Visa attorney will get back to you shortly. We offer a free initial phone consultation. Your privacy is very important to us and we will keep your information confidential.
5 Star Reviews
Our highly experienced immigration team has received numerous 5-star reviews from our L1 Visa clients. Below are some of them. Please follow the link to read more reviews!
July 26, 2015
★★★★★ Posted in BirdEye by Yazan R.
This lawyer is the fastest easiest way to handel any migration needs, he helped my cousin with his L1 visa and got him approved in 7 days, he is very friendly and listens when we were at his office the first visit We felt so relaxsed , we knew right a way that this man knows his business and knows what he's talking about and sure enough 7 days after applying for an approvel speaks for him. Don't waist your time and money with another lawyer I now believe that nayef Mubarak is the only one
July 26, 2015
★★★★★ Posted in BirdEye by Rasha abu s.
Talking to three different lawyers made me feels like giving up on the L1 visa because of how hard they made it sound hard to get But a friend of mine the suggested for me to give it a another chance and see another lawyer then we found this guy on the internet he sound it very positive then he applied for me and got me approved in seven days. I highly recommend him.
July 26, 2015
★★★★★ Posted in BirdEye by Sharif abu s.
He is a great lawyer verey friendly, he will give you all the time that needed ,he makes you feel like talking to a friend. I applied for the L1 visa which is hard to get approved for and this guy got me approved in only seven days. I highly recommend him, he is very smart.
May 8, 2015
★★★★★ Posted in AVVO by Carlos
Mr. Nayef Handled My L1 Visa Application As Good As It Gets. Perfect Case, Timing, Response & Attention; Overall an Excellent Service. Highly Recommended.
- What are the requirements of the two Companies?
- What are the requirements of the beneficiary?
- How long is an L1 Visa good for?
- When can you apply for the green card after an L1 Visa?
- Can my wife work if I have a L1 Visa?
- Can my children attend school?
- Can I expedite my L1 Visa?
- Can I apply for L1 Visa while in the USA?
*** Pursuant to the rules of the Florida Bar, you are advised that if past results are mentioned, each case is different and those provided may not be representative of future results obtained by the lawyers.
2019 - South African Beneficiary was approved for an L1 intra-company transfer. The Petitioner owned a large company in South African for many years and decided to start a company in the U.S. The Petitioner was able to transfer the Beneficiary, whom was an executor of the South African Company, on a temporary visa to work as a Manager in the U.S.
2016- I-140, Immigrant Petition for Multinational Executive. Attorney Mubarak represented a company from the Middle East in regards to an L-1 Executive transfer to the United States. After the first year, and extension of the L-1 was filed and approved. Attorney Mubarak also filed an Immigrant Petition on behalf of the company for the multinational executive, and it was approved within 4 months. Allowing the Beneficiary and his family to apply for their residency (green cards).
2013 L-1 Visa involving a franchise: Attorney Mubarak has handled multiple L-1 visa cases. This particular case was interesting because it involved a franchise. In most scenarios, a franchise is not a favorable business for an L-1 visa. Attorney Mubarak designed a special, multi-tiered company structure to demonstrate the parent company’s control of the new US entity. The L-1 visa was approved.
2012/2013- L-1 Visa: Client, foreign corporation opened an affiliate company in the United States. The Client was seeking to transfer one of its executives, the Beneficiary to the United States to run its affiliate company. This particular L-1 was an interesting case as the US company was primarily a real-estate investment group. The L-1 visa was approved, as well as subsequent extensions.
250 North Orange Avenue, Suite 950
Orlando - Florida 32801
Tel: 407 502-3000
Fax: 407 650-3308