The EB-5 Investor Visa
*** On July 24, 2019, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) published the EB-5 Investor Program Modernization regulations, with an effective date of November 21, 2019. The regulation raises the threshold from $500,000 to $900,000 for targeted employment areas (TEAs) and up to $1.8 million for all other investments. Additional inflation-based raises to the minimum investment amounts will also begin October 1, 2025. Future adjustments will also be tied to inflation (per the Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers, or CPI-U) and occur every 5 years. ***
Highly Experienced EB-5 Visa Lawyer in Orlando Helps Foreign Nationals Around the World with Their Visa Application
EB-5 Visa Overview
- Congress created the EB-5 Program in 1990 to stimulate the U.S. economy through job creation and capital investment by foreign investors. In 1992, Congress created the Immigrant Investor Program, also known as the Regional Center Program. This sets aside EB-5 visas for participants who invest in commercial enterprises associated with regional centers approved by USCIS based on proposals for promoting economic growth.
- The EB-5 Visa encourages both foreign investments and U.S. economic growth by seeking individuals to invest substantial amount of money that employs at least 10 permanent full-time jobs in the U.S.
Who is eligible to apply
- Single or married investors;
- Investing or in process of investing in new commercial enterprise;
- Investment meets required amount:
- $1.8 million, or
- $900,000 in "target employment area”;
- Investment must benefit the U.S. economy; and
- Investment must create and maintain no fewer than 10 U.S. employees.
- Investment amount of $1.8 million;
- Must be a new business or enterprise that employs 10 additional permanent U.S. citizens or Legal Permanent Residents; and
- Investment amount of $900,000 permitted if investment and jobs fall within a Target Area of Employment (underemployed areas).
- Investment of $900,000;
- Entity, organization, or agency approved by USCIS;
- Center focuses on a specified geographic area;
- Investor acts as lender to the Regional Center; and
- Regional Center creates the jobs necessary for the EB-5.
Important Benefits of the EB-5 Visa
- Immediate conditional residency card upon approval.
- Married persons may be accompanied by family, spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21.
EB-5 Frequently asked Questions (FAQ)
- How long does it take?
The EB-5 petition is filed on a form I-526. The current average processing time for I-526 petitions is 25-35 months according to www.egov.uscis.gov
- What is the rate of return on the $900,000 sent to the regional center?
Most regional centers offer a less than 1 % return on the money used for the investment. The incentive should not be financial in EB-5 applications, but rather the residency in the United States.
- Will I have a full permanent status after approval?
No, you will be issued a conditional resident status for two years. Prior to the two years expiring, you will need to seek removal of the conditions.
Experienced with EB-5 Visa Applications
Orlando Attorney Nayef Mubarak is EB-5 certified and has successfully represented clients with EB-5 visas from across the world. EB-5 Attorney Mubarak and his firm only work with regional centers with incredible track records. Check the testimonials from some of Orlando EB-5 attorney Mubarak’s previous clients on this page.
Latest Immigration UpdatesRead More Updates
January 21, 2017
Mubarak Low is the Best
★★★★★ Posted in Google and AVVO by Lotfi SAKLY.
Mr. Nayef Mubarak was like an angel for our family,He is a person who is always willing to go the extra mile. With Mr. Nayef Mubarak,we didn't feel alone during the long and hard time of our immigration process. He was all the time supportive, caring and understanding,He is really an excellent immigration Lawyer and very professional and knowledgeable, Always returned all my calls and E-mails whenever I had a question or any concern even on his day off.I consider that Mr. Nayef Mubarak is clearly one of the best in the field of immigration based on my family's experience.Can't thank enough ,Mubarak Low is Highly recommended.
June 24, 2016
★★★★★ Posted in AVVO by Kalpesh
He is a young and energetic lawyer for immigration matters. He has handled my case for eb5 immigrant and has brought all the approvals before the time. I really appreciate his efforts and the delivery of the job.