Joel Alexis Caminero, Esq. - Associate Attorney
Immigration Law Specialization
- Asylum / Refugee
- Complex Family-Based Immigration
- Humanitarian Relief / VAWA / U-Visa / Military Parole in Place
- Allegations of Fraud, Misrepresentation, Sham Marriage and False Claim to U.S. Citizenship
- Naturalization / Aggravated Felonies / Notice of Intent to Deny
- Post-Conviction Relief
- Deportation Defense / Custody Redetermination / Contested Hearings
- Immigrant Waivers
- Nonimmigrant Waivers / Controlled Substance Offenses / Foreign Crimes
- Appellate Litigation
- Extension and Change of Status
- L-1A/ L-1B/ EB-1 / EB-2 / E-1 / E-2 Treaty Trader and Investor
As a first-generation American, born to parents of Caribbean and South American descent, attorney Joel Caminero knows the personal struggles associated with immigration matters, first-hand, as his mother faced the very same issues he now seeks to resolve for his clients.
Attorney Caminero has successfully handled a wide variety of immigration matters for hundreds of clients, including complex cases requiring proceedings to be reopened or litigated at the appellate level.
Mr. Caminero spent two semesters in Madrid, Spain, studying Comparative Law, Immigration Law, International Criminal Law, and International Law of the Sea. He takes great passion in dealing with complex legal matters.
He has been a resident of Florida since 1989, earning his B.S. Degree in Criminal Justice from the University of Central Florida in 2010, and his Juris Doctorate from the Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law at Barry University in 2016. During law school, he was the founder and president of the Veterans legal Society and an Associate Editor of the Environmental and Earth Law Journal.
He served aboard the U.S.S. Carl Vinson as a Petty Officer in the U.S. Navy from 2001-2005 in direct support and deployment of both Operation Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom. Attorney Joel Caminero’s unique fighting spirit extends to the zealous representation of his clients in all immigration matters throughout the country, and abroad.
Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar
- All Immigration Courts
- Board of Immigration Appeals
- Board of Veterans’ Appeals
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Fluent in English and Spanish