K-1 and K-3 Visas

K-1 Visa (Fiancé Visa)

The K-1 visa is for foreign nationals that are engaged to be married to a U.S. citizen. The purpose of the visa is for the foreign future spouse to temporarily enter the U.S. Thereafter, the couple has 90 days to get married and apply for permanent residency. Failure to do so, will result in the removal of the foreign fiancé.

Requirements for the K-1 Visa:

  • You (Petitioner) are a U.S. Citizen
  • Both Petitioner and Fiancé are free to marry (previous marriages are legally terminated)
  • Petitioner and Fiancé intend to marry within 90 days of entry
  • Petitioner and Fiancé have met in person within the last 2 years (Some exceptions apply)


Orlando Immigration Attorney Helps with K1 and K3 Visas

K-3 Visa (Marriage Visa)

K-3 Visas are for Spouses of U.S. citizens whom want to enter into the U.S. under non-immigrant immigrant status, while waiting for approval of an immigrant visa or I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative). The process allows the Non-U.S. citizen spouse to enter the U.S. quicker.

Requirements to qualify for the K-3 Visa

  • You must be the spouse of a U.S. Citizen
  • Have a submitted I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) on your behalf by your U.S. citizen spouse
  • Have a completed I129F (Petition for Alien Fiancé)


Conditional Permanent Resident - receives a green card valid for 2 years. In order to remain a permanent resident, a conditional permanent resident must file a petition, form I-751  to remove the condition during the 90 days before the card expires. The conditional card cannot be renewed. The conditions must be removed or you will lose your permanent resident status.

Contact Us!


Mubarak Law

Mubarak Law
105 E. Robinson St. suite 307
Orlando - Florida 32801
Tel: 407 502-3000
Fax: 407 650-3308

Immigration Law