The E-2 Investor Visa

Highly Experienced E-2 Visa Lawyer in Orlando Helps Foreign Nationals With Their Visa Application

What is the E-2 visa?

The E-2 nonimmigrant classification allows a national or citizen of a treaty country to be admitted to the United States when investing a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business. It allows one to live and work in the United States under the employment of the company for which the E2 visa was granted. Spouses of E-2 beneficiaries are also eligible for authorization, however, are not limited to their spouse’s employment.

Who can qualify for an E-2 Visa?

  • Nationals and Companies of Treaty Countries
  • Have invested, or be actively in the process of investing, a substantial amount of capital in a bona fide enterprise in the United States
  • Be seeking to enter the United States solely to develop and direct the investment enterprise. This is established by showing at least 50% ownership of the enterprise or possession of operational control through a managerial position or other corporate device.
E2 Visa Attorney Helps Investors From Treaty Countries With Their Visa Application

Where to apply for the E-2 Investor Visa?

  • If an applicant of an E-2 classification is lawfully admitted in the United States under a visa issued on their passport of qualifying nationality, and are in lawful status (have not overstayed or violated), the applicant can seek a change of status by filing the I-129 petition.
  • If an applicant or beneficiary of the E-2 classification is abroad, or is not eligible to change status within the United States, the applicant can seek an E-2 visa at the corresponding US consulate or embassy abroad. Please note, each US consulate has different rules or requirements relating to the E-2 visa, this can include page limits, specific evidence requirements, and different procedural rules for filing.

Benefits of the E-2 classification

  • Can seek a change of status within the United States or obtain through consular processing, if meets the requirements above.
  • Many treaties allow applicants to seek extensions indefinitely if requirements are maintained; please note, classification periods are different based on country and treaty.
  • The spouse of the E-2 primary is eligible for work authorization. Children unmarried and under the age of 21 can accompany the beneficiary, however, are not eligible for work authorization.
  • The E-2 holder could be eligible for permanent residence (green card) through Eb1 visa petition, under specific circumstances if the company in the US is owned by a foreign entity, and the beneficiary was employed abroad in an executive or managerial capacity prior to admission to the United States.
  • Eligible for premium processing for faster adjudication (change of status applications only)

Why an Immigration Attorney?

Attorneys can assist by creating a case plan best fitting a client’s timeline and by analyzing whether the US investment is a bona fide enterprise, is substantial, and not marginal. Not all business models can qualify for the E-2 Investor Visa, an experienced immigration attorney can discuss the pros and cons of different business models.

Contact Our Experienced E2 Visa Attorney in Orlando

Many clients need assistance with an Arabic or Spanish speaking immigration attorney to help navigate their case through the complex immigration laws. Attorney Mubarak speaks English, Arabic, and Spanish. He has successfully assisted clients from Venezuela, Italy, Dubai, Palestine, India, Egypt, Panama, and Mauritius seeking E-2 status. Our offices has an incredible track record for successful E-2 cases. Check some of our previous results and our client reviews here. Please call us today at (407) 502-3000 or fill out our online form located on this page and we will get back to you shortly. We have a 24-hour emergency service and offer a free initial phone consultation. Your privacy is very important to us and we will keep your information confidential.

Contact Us!


Mubarak Law

Mubarak Law
105 E. Robinson St. suite 307
Orlando - Florida 32801
Tel: 407 502-3000
Fax: 407 650-3308

Immigration Law